Tuesday , 12 December 2017


Proposed purse split: Mayweather to get $100 million, Pacquiao to settle with $60 million

The clamor for the Pacquiao-Mayweather showdown, potentially the richest fight in the boxing history, has reached a new level after Manny Pacquiao’s victory over Chris Algieri. Several reports said the negotiations are in full swing and an agreement is expected to be made early next year.

Earlier, Micheal Koncz, Pacquiao’s business adviser, told reporters their camp is willing to give in to possible demands by Mayweather; even allowing Floyd to have the lion’s share of the fight purse just to have the dream fight to happen.

People privy to the reported talks shared that Mayweather’s team is looking at the possibility of splitting the prize purse with the reigning pound-for-pound king of boxing getting a larger share with $100 million while Pacquiao will settle with $60 million.

In an interview with Eddie Alinea of Asianfightscene,com, Manny Pacquiao said he accepts the smaller purse share of $60 million although he still doubts Mayweather will face him inside the ring.

Pacquiao said he repeated his challenge to Mayweather after the clamor for their bout became stronger when he beat Algieri last week, but all he gets from the American are taunts using the social media.

“Even his offer na $100 million ang purse niya at $60 million lang ang akin, papayag na rin ako (I agree with $100 million offer for himself and only $60 million for me) like when I acceded to his earlier demands on drug-testing,” the Filipino boxing champ told Alinea.

“Hindi nga tayo nakasisiguro na talagang payag siya sa offer niyang hatian,” (We are not even sure if he is serious with his offer) Pacquiao added.

Pacquiao shared that his fight with Algieri was his last as a welterweight unless the much-anticipated matchup with Mayweather materializes. He echoed Freddie Roach’s earlier statement that he will fight in the junior welterweight division if the negotiation for the dream showdown breaks down again.