Palace: Duterte still open to peace talks with Reds

MANILA, Philippines --- Malacaang on Monday said President Rodrigo Duterte's latest plan to create a new five-member government peace panel was proof of his openness to talk with the communist insurgents, even if he had previously rejected the idea. "If you notice, the President has made himself open to any talks on peace. He has been saying that ever since," presidential spokesperson Salvador Panelo said. In a speech in Malaybalay City, Bukidnon, on Saturday, the President said he was considering tapping representatives from the military and the civilian sector to negotiate with the rebels, as he himself was not willing to talk with them anymore. "If you want to talk to me, I'l...

Keep on reading: Palace: Duterte still open to peace talks with Reds